The year-end illuminations of the Vendome quarter
With the aid of artists, the Vendome Committee designs, installs and manages the traditional Christmas illuminations of the Vendome quarter from mid-November to mid-January.
2010-2011-2012, “The Enchanted Forest” by stage director Julien Septanil takes the visitor on a poetical journey. This specially conceived made-to-measure décor covers façades, corners, boutique entrances and creates a world of trees, branches, and luminous trunks and snowflakes.
2013 – 2014 – 2015, the Vendôme Committee decided to install plenty of christmas trees all around the neighborhood creating a very refined and sophisticated universe.
Year after year, exhibitions of monumental or artistic sculptures are regularly organised in Place Vendome:
Among the works we had the chance to admire were:
- “A Tree for Hope”, organised in aid of the association Dessine l’Espoir, featuring twelve original works by the Italian artist Fabio Novembre celebrating the values of the association, which fights discrimination linked to HIV in Southern Africa.
- Four monumental works by Yi Zhou, a Chinese artist represented by the Galerie Jérome de Noirmont.
- Twelve monumental statues by Li Chen
And since 2012, the Vendome Committee collaborates with FIAC to conceive short exhibitions in October and Novembre (Jaume Plensa, Tadashi Kawamata, Paul McCarthy)
As a emblem of French elegance, Place Vendome is the traditional starting point or finish for the great elegant automobile rallies.
- The Princesses’ Rally, so named because all the competitors are women.
- The Paris-Deauville Rally and the Ephemeral Museum of rare vintage cars set up the day before the start draw a public of connoisseurs.
- The finish of the triennial Peking to Paris rally.
Creation of tools:
The Carnet Vendome is designed to double as an address book and an itinerary guide, a pocket companion for Parisians, and a mine of information for international visitors.
Designed as a 120-page travel diary, published in three languages (French, English, Chinese) in 60,000 copies, the guide is functional and elegant, and celebrates the dynamism of a constantly changing quarter, with the soul of Paris at its heart. The Carnet Vendome offers field expertise and insight into skills.
Fun-packed and informative, this guide offers a precise introduction to 60 Maisons of the Vendome Committee and suggests six thematic itineraries through the Vendome quarter, illustrated by a watercolour by Florine Asch, who also illustrated the cover and the chapter openings.
CLICK ON THE MAP
Friday 22th November
For Christmas, the Place Vendôme unveals its sparkling christmas trees
BOUTIQUE Place Vendôme | Place Vendôme
Friday 01st March
Vendôme Luxury presentation
Tuesday 26th February
Paris Ready-to-Wear Fashion Week
Thursday 13th December